‘Failure is not falling down, it is not getting up again.’ Mary Pickford
‘Sometimes I think women are lucky because they can develop in ways men can’t. The old boy network may be oppressive to women, but it actually stunts men in terms of personal growth.’ Willem Dafoe
‘Age wrinkles the body. Quitting wrinkles the soul.’ Douglas MacArthur
Flexitypes are useful for directing your personal growth. While Flexiscribes are helpful for emotional health & strength. What’s the difference? Flexitypes are simply types of flexibility – dimensions of freedom, if you will. Flexiscribes code for flexibility. But more about them in other blogs.
When it comes to business flexibility, there are at least 14 flexitypes that this blogger has discovered and analysed. An improvement in any of them leads to greater business flexibility. For the record, the 14 business flexitypes are; design flexibility, communications flexibility, resource flexibility, product flexibility, service flexibility, process flexibility, system flexibility, project flexibility, channel flexibility, procurement flexibility, contract flexibility, management flexibility, business model flexibility and stakeholder (including customer) flexibility.
But what about personal flexibility? A similar set of flexitypes are present. And again, improvement in any of them leads to greater personal flexibility.
1. Personal plans are a bit like business design flexibility. Just don’t be rigid on the plans!
2. Choosing to change our style & how we talk to specific people, is similar to business communications flexibility.
3. We are but one person. So choosing how, how much and when we make an impact, is like business resource flexibility & business channel flexibility.
4. What we do, based on our opportunities, our talents, our influence & our reputation is like business product & service flexibility.
5. Creating flexibility concerning our ways & methods, is like business process flexibility.
6. How we enlist support to help others, who we approach and what we concede in return, is like business procurement flexibility & contract flexibility.
7. Our moral frameworks & the scope of our efforts (our sensitivity to giving) resemble business model flexibility.
8. How we operate within our relationships and our expectations of friends & family resemble business stakeholder flexibility.
In summary, if we take say 20 minutes once in a while, to work our way through various flexitypes relating to our own personal flexibility, we can uncover and discover more ways to embrace PFL for personal growth & problem solving.
As always, if you find these blogs useful, feel free to spread the word.